ORMTA Members gathered in Canada's capital for a phenomenal 2018 Convention.
Friday night's Welcome to Ottawa Events brought attendees to the University of Ottawa. They were treated to a tour of the Piano Pedagogy Lab with Dr. Gilles Comeau and then had a chance to explore period instruments with Dr. Elaine Keillor. The night ended on Parliament Hill with The Northern Lights, a spectacular sound and light show.
Saturday was filled with:
- Masterclasses with Dina Namer and John Avey
- A Workshop with Lori Lynn Penny, "Teaching Theory Tips: Melody Writing, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
- Sponsor workshops from Conservatory Canada, Ultimate Music Theory and One Eye Cat Publications
- The ORMTA Provincial Instrumental and Vocal Competitions
- A fantastic Awards Luncheon and Gala Dinner
The convention concluded on Sunday with:
- A masterclass with Dina Namer
- A workshop with Susan Blyth-Schofield, "Performance Anxiety"
- A workshop with Kathy Schmidt, "Learn About your ORMTA Membership" (watch the full workshop online, here.
- Sponsor workshops from QuenMar Music, Red Leaf Piano Works & The Royal Conservatory of Music
- An astounding piano concert by Kyung-a Lee
- The Young Artist Competition
- The AGM Luncheon & meeting