Interested in becoming a member of ORMTA?
ORTMA offers a number of membership types for music teachers, students and those interested in music education and supporting the purposes and objects of the Association.
By joining you become part of a professional association of music teachers who have attained substantiated educational credentials and teaching experience.
Benefits of ORMTA Membership
- As an ORMTA Member you are also a member of the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers’ Associations (CFMTA). The CFMTA is a Canada-wide federation of music teachers encompassing ten provinces and one territory, with over 3500 members nationwide
- Group liability insurance for your teaching studio
- Optional musical instrument insurance, with Front Row Insurance Brokers (https://musicians.frontrowinsurance.com/)
- Marketing opportunities, including a listing in our online directory
- Professional Development opportunities including discounted rates to conventions and workshops and access to ORMTA and CFMTA workshop videos
- Performance and scholarship opportunities for your students, including competitions at regional, provincial and national levels, auditions, recitals, and master classes
- Scholarships and awards available to your students in performance, composition, and pedagogy
- Resources for your studio, including policy cards and studio certificates
- Networking with your teaching colleagues
- Access to MemberPerks Discount Program