Sophia Zhang is a piano teacher in North York, Toronto who's instructed more than a hundred students in her time teaching. She is passionate and proud when her students achieve their goals and successfully pass the piano examination. Their progress and success is the greatest affirmation of her teaching work.
Sophia has had ample opportunity to train with outstanding teachers while receiving international advanced performance instruction not only helped her develop her outstanding technical ability in performance technique but also provided valuable insight in how to train students in a way that enables them to easily and accurately master the essential skills of piano.
At the age of 5, she began to study piano at the Shenyang Institute of Music in China. She later moved on to study within the piano department at the esteemed Shenyang Conservatory of Music.
Upon graduation from the Conservatory, Sophia had the opportunity to study with a highly regarded University professor in Russia, Professor Svetlana, who also serves as the Jury of International Children's Piano Competition. During this time, Sophia received the following awards in Russia:
- Excellent piano theory knowledge and performance skills.
- Passed Chinese Musician Society Piano Level Examination Level 8 in 1994.
- Strong teaching skills and abundant teaching experience, particular with children students.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, positive attitude, task and detail oriented, patient, well-organized, highly committed.
- RCM Certified Advanced piano teacher
- Canadian Federation of Music Teachers' Associations member since 2014
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association member since 2014
- Honored titles of “Outstanding Student”, “Civilized Student” and Scholarships, in recognition of outstanding academic performance, Shenyang Normal University, 2001 – 2004.
- Honorable Prize of Piano Performance Competition, Russian Ilkusk National Normal University, 2003.
- The 1st-class Prize of Piano Technique Competition among 3rd Academic Year Students in Music Education Dept., Russian Ilkusk National Normal University, 2004.
- Recipient of Excellent Composition Achievement Award, in recognition of outstanding performance and active participation in promoting music art, Russian Ilkusk National Normal University, 2004.
- Held vocal and piano concert in Ilkusk Municipal Opera Theatre, and my performance got high recognition from the university and the audience.
Throughout her time at the Shenyang Conservatory of Music as well as her time in Russia, Sophia served as a private piano teacher. She is a proud member of CFMTA (the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers' Associations), a member of ORMTA (the Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association), and a RCM Certified Advanced piano teacher.