Become a Member
Interested in becoming a member of ORMTA? Wonderful!
Once your application is accepted, you will join an elite, professional association of music teachers who have all attained substantiated educational credentials and teaching experience.
Benefits of ORMTA Membership:
- Official recognition in Canada as a "Registered Music Teacher". Add "RMT" after your name.
- Group liability insurance for your teaching studio. Westland Insurance Brokers
- Marketing opportunities, including listing in our online directory.
- Professional development opportunities...discounted rates to conventions and workshops.
- Performance opportunities for your students, including auditions, recitals, and master classes.
- Performance competitions for your advanced students at regional, provincial, and national levels.
- Scholarships and awards available to your students in performance, composition, and pedagogy.
- Resources for your studio, including policy cards and studio certificate.
- Discounts on auto, property, recreational, vehicle, pet, life and health insurance.
- Networking with your teaching colleagues.
- Access to MemberPerks Discount Program.
Types of music teachers who join ORMTA:
- Private music teachers who have a degree or diploma in music and teaching experience
- College and university professors of music
- School music teachers
- Specialists in early childhood music education
- Student teachers who have attained at least a grade 9 or 10 level and are continuing their education
Not sure if you qualify for ORMTA membership?
Want to know the process involved in applying?
University and College Students:
CLICK HERE for more information in becoming an ORMTA Student Member for the 2016-17 School Year